Tuesday, February 15, 2011

More Pbville Training

I went up to Leadville to train in some altitude.


The first run up Ball Mtn, I forgot my camera. Too bad because the lighting was great.
I didn't work so hard getting up Ball, but once I got to the top, I did several hill repeats in the thin air at 12, 300 feet.



It was so beautiful, and I wanted to get two runs in, so I ran back to Leadville, ate a light lunch, grabbed my camera, and ran back up. But not all the way up the last time. And the lighting sucked. So you all missed out on the better views of the day.



The mine at the Leadville Marathon aid station #1, #2, #6, and #7 - yep, we pass this one aid station four times during the race, during July.



The temps were between 12F and 40F all weekend, so nothing like I'm used to in winter in Leadville. In fact, I couldn't tell there was any new snow from the past few weeks, in spite of the fact that Denver got royally dumped on. Snowmobile tracks and snowcat groomed trails abound in the Leadville area. And as you can see, you don't need skis, traction devices, or snowshoes. You could run a hundred miles by looping around over hills and through valleys, on buried trails and roads. The snow causes you to work harder, yet it's easier on your feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments will be moderated before being allowed to show.