Monday, April 18, 2011

Nuthin'

I did errands last weekend, instead of driving to Desert RATS near Fruita.

Friday night - Fixed my son's school bell that he bought - but it didn't work. I tucked a tiny spring in the right place and it was better than new. (hard to believe it ever worked, with the crappy materials they designed it with.)

Saturday - Swapped my studded snow tires off and put my aluminum wheels back on, drove to the tire place and bought new Yokahama's, got a haircut, grocery shopping, clothes shopping, and squeezed in a short run.

Sunday - Ran in the AM, ran in the PM.

My running sucks. Something doesn't feel right. You know how you feel after a race, and there's traces of lactic acid in your quads? That's what my quads feel like - only I haven't done any races or hard runs lately. You know how sucker-punched you feel after a race? That's how I feel all the time.
When I look back at Calico 50K, and how good I did, it's hard to believe that was just three months ago, and that was really me.
I don't know what's going on. This week, I'm going to try real hard to "log" over 5 miles every single day, even if I have to walk it. Maybe some better consistency is what will shake me loose?

1 comment:

  1. Hopefully it's just the running schedule. Honestly, when I run after a couple of days off I feel sluggish. On days 3 and 4 in a row I feel really good. Go figure.

    ReplyDelete

All comments will be moderated before being allowed to show.