Friday, March 5, 2010

Trading Feet

My PF has been on the left foot. It's now been 11 months since I was derailed. Getting back into shape is going to take a long time. I've spent so much time nursing my left foot that the rest of me is still behind.
There was a nagging little pain in my left kneecap, but that's finally subsiding. That one is from not being used to running.
And so is the significant pain in my right foot. I ran Tuesday a week and a half ago and felt no pain. I ran around the rest of the evening with no pain. I woke up Wednesday morning and my right foot was very sore right in the middle of the forefoot. Prodding it caused no pain - I had to walk or run on it to hurt. And boy did it hurt. I limped all day and the next, and Friday, there was still a trace of limp.

Sunday, I went snowshoeing on and around Turquoise Lake, near Leadville. I was with friends. Half of them were in rather poor shape, so needless to say, I wasn't taxed at all. It was fantastic weather that ended in a storm with great big fluffy snowflakes.
It wasn't hard on my foot, at that point.




I ran again this last Tuesday. My foot still felt just a tiny bit sore. Probably ill-advised to run on it yet, but it held up. Wednesday morning it still felt fine.

I ran Thursday with DTR and had to stop half-way through walking the rest of it.

Friday, I walked to-and-from the lightrail stations for work, instead of driving my car. (My employer bought me an EcoPass.) The foot didn't appreciate what little walking I did. So this little set-back is going to postpone things.

So here I sit at the end of my week with my right foot in a pan of ice-water.

My PF is nearly all gone, but I'm not tempted to stack a bunch of miles on it. Sure, my head thinks stupid thoughts, and sometimes my body acts like a dog begging with its leash in its mouth, but so far I haven't had any significant delirium that would lead me to suddenly do a marathon or 50M. That's partly because I stay so busy and social that I'm adequately distracted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments will be moderated before being allowed to show.