Thursday, June 3, 2010

CR-V R.I.P.

Well, not quite. I still have the CR-V, but I also have a 2006 Subaru Forester XT.
I like Honda, but the newer CR-Vs don't have the right rear seat design to fold flat for sleeping.
Nothing beats a Jeep Cherokee rear for flat and spacious, but their mpg sucks.
Ford Escapes, well, they're Fords. Otherwise, the rear design is good.
I might have found a more satisfying vehicle, but I've been searching with what very little free time I have, and this one seemed okay for the price. It lacks the ground clearance I prefer, and the power will take some getting used to. But the back is big enough and flat enough to bed me down before and after races (if I'll ever stop jacking myself !up! and can get back to it).
The old CR-V will get worked on by my son and myself. Maybe he'll drive it a while, or maybe I'll park it at Goodwill like I did the last one.
But at least I'm not marooned in town anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments will be moderated before being allowed to show.