Saturday, February 4, 2012

Estes Park Getaway

I ran off to Estes Park and Rocky Mountain National Park with friends last weekend.
The following photo is the only one my iPhone let me take before the cold zapped the battery and forced it to shut down.



As usual, I neglected to bring my real camera, so I stole the rest of these photos from my friends.



Brandy and Julia took turns dragging each other around the ice on Bear Lake. There was plenty of silliness that day, with snow angels, butt-surfing, and other goofiness. Our little-child inner selves were out!



Some of the ice was so clear you could see down to the water 20" below, and some very interesting cracks. I wish I'd had my camera! I could have taken some cool little videos.



There was less snow than I've ever seen for this time of year. This kept the wildlife dispersed through the forests - no need to come down to Estes Park or the meadows of RMNP.

1 comment:

  1. I miss snow big time. The best memory most recently is from Thanksgiving in 2010 (!) when we went to NM. Crack! That was a long time ago! Of course I see snow in Moscow every New year's eve, but it's all urban and stuff...pristine and mountan is what I wish for, and you and Banff trail trash girl posting these pictures bug me lots! :)

    ReplyDelete

All comments will be moderated before being allowed to show.